A life changing experience
Over the course of a year, participants in the Leadership for Life Award make new and lasting friendships, test themselves in the great outdoors and then plan and deliver a local community project. Receiving the Award crowns a year of achievement and personal growth.
By taking part in the Award you will:
- develop your talents through gaining experience of working in and leading a team, devising a strategy for your team, delivering presentations, fundraising, persuading people, networking and completing a project which benefits your local community
- enhance your CV
- learn skills which will help you in work and when studying
- make new friends with people from neighbouring communities thus breaking down barriers
- give something back to your school
- help other people in your local community
What will you actually do?
You start with a five-day residential course at one of The Outward Bound Trust’s centres, where you meet the others who will be in your team. You then return home and meet your group regularly over the next few months to develop a community project which will take three days to deliver. During this time you will attend a project forum where you present your plans to other teams, and a refresh day where you revisit your residential experience and develop your leadership skills further.
Apply to take part – click here to access our online application form.