- In 2016/17, at least 220 young people will participate in the Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award.
- The budgeted cost of the 2016/17 Award programme is £365,619
- The majority of the costs of the Awards programme are direct delivery costs. In addition there is the cost of evaluating the programme and resources required to fundraise for the programme.
- The Award is fully funded by a wide range of generous donors. A list of the donors can be found here, and we continue to receive support from the Mark Scott Foundation.
- The Outward Bound Trust is delighted that the Scottish Government has supported The Award since 2012. The grant has enabled The Outward Bound Trust to expand the number of young people who participate in The Award to 216 per year. Between 2012-2017, 1,000 young people will complete The Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award programme. The total cost of the programme over five years is £1,671,514 and The Outward Bound Trust are progressing well to reach their target.
If you would like to become a supporter of The Award, please contact Lisa Hunter. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 413 0243.
Holyrood parliamentary reception
Participants past and present, project partners, teachers, funders and MSPs celebrated 16 years of The Mark Scott Leadership for Life Award with a Parliamentary Reception on 30 October 2014, hosted by Fiona McLeod MSP. Kenny MacAskill, then Cabinet Secretary for Justice, recognised the achievements of over 2,000 participants benefiting 17,500 people in central Scotland. The event was also used to launch our first paper into the long term impact of The Award: ‘Empowering Young People in Scotland’.
Image © Scottish Parliamentary Corporate Body – 2012. Licensed under the Open Scottish Parliament Licence v1.0